SSH (Secure Shell) is a cryptographic network protocol for operating network services securely over an unsecured network. This guide will show you how to connect to your Raspberry Pi remotely via SSH from your laptop or desktop computer.
Hope you Already installed the Raspberry Pi OS In your Raspberry pi: if not check out: How to Install Raspberry Pi OS (Raspbian) on Raspberry Pi
SSH into Raspberry Pi
There are many ways to SSH into you’re Raspberry pi. The most commonly used client is PuTTY you can download it from here.
By default SSH is disabled in Raspberry Pi you need to install it manually.
Enable SSH on Raspberry Pi
- Put the micro SD card into your computer.
- Navigate to the boot directory /Volumes/boot.
- Create an empty file called ssh.
it enables SSH on Raspberry Pi
Make sure your Laptop and Raspberry Pi is connected to same network.
- Open PuTTY
- Enter Hostname as [email protected] or localhost
- Click on open
- The default login for Raspberry Pi OS is pi with the password raspberry.
Now you Connect to a Raspberry Pi Remotely via SSH.