In order to delete your WhatsApp account and collect all the data, you just need to follow some steps. For data collection, you might be required to wait for a few days as the company takes time to send you the report. You can also manually export all the chats and media. Read on to know more about this.
How to delete WhatsApp account on Android
- open WhatsApp and click on vertical three dots on top right corner of the app
- click on settings
- Go to Account
- choose Delete my account
- Enter your Mobile Number and click on Delete My account
How to delete WhatsApp account on IOS
- open WhatsApp on your iOS device and then go to Settings > Account > Delete My Account.
- Now, enter your phone number and tap on Delete My Account.
How to know what data WhatsApp collected?
WhatsApp allows you to submit a data collection request to them so that you can see what all data WhatsApp collected since you have joined the platform. Once you send the request, you will get a link to download your data. This process will take three days of time or more than that in some cases to compile all of your WhatsApp data. Just make sure you are using the latest version of the messaging app.
- Open WhatsApp and head over to its settings panel.
- Go to the ‘Account’ section and tap on the ‘Request account info’ option.
- Now, tap again on the ‘Request’ button and your request will then be sent to the company.
Once your report is ready, the platform will send you a notification intimating to you about the same. Now, to access the report, you need to follow the same steps. In the ‘Request account info’ section, you will find the report, which you can download. Once you press the download button, a zip file with your report will be downloaded to your smartphone. You need to extract the file and then you can check what all data WhatsApp has.